The Widgets tab allows you to add content widgets to your website. A widget is a graphical user interface (GUI) module that displays information or provides a specific way for a user to interact with your website. Some of the widgets that you can add to your website include rows, columns, text, images, buttons, a search field and product listings.
In this article, you will learn how…
- To add a widget to your website
- To access the settings for a widget
Watch the video below for a quick overview of how to add a widget, and read below for more detailed instructions and for information on settings.
The Widgets tab is accessed by clicking on the DESIGN button in the Page Toolbar.
To add a widget to your website:
- Click on the WIDGETS button in the Website Editor Toolbar.
- Browse the Widgets tab to locate the widget you want to add.
- Click and drag it into a container on your website page.
Allowable areas a widget can be inserted into include:
- Within blank columns
- Above or below existing widgets
- Between existing widgets
- Click on the Save button and then click on the Publish button at the right of the Page Settings Bar.
To access the settings for a widget:
- Mouse over the widget.
The widget’s controls will be displayed.
- Click on the down arrow beside the widget icon.
- Choose the Settings item from the drop-down menu
The widget Settings popup will be displayed.
4. Configure the settings as required.
5. Click OK, once you have finished configuring the settings.
6. Click on the Save button and then click on the Publish button at the right of the Page Settings Bar.